Romper | Shoes | Purse | Sunglasses (similar) | Bracelet | X Ring | Earrings (similar)
I’m gonna start off by saying that whoever came up with the saying “Diamonds are a girl’s best friend” obviously had not discovered rompers yet. I consider rompers the baby sister to jumpsuits. Jumpsuits made a big appearance this year, primarily for the cooler weather and now that the warm weather is here, it’s time for the rompers to make their debut! Jumpsuits and rompers are essentially an adult onesie. Whoever said “if babies can pull them off why don’t we design a more stylish version and market this to adults” was a genius and I would personally shake their hand if I had the chance to meet them!
If you haven’t jumped on the bandwagon, I can assure you, you are missing out. They are so comfortable, functional, and are the next best thing to pajamas. The best part about this trend is that there are rompers for all occasions and personality types. Depending on the shoes and cut, rompers can be worn to music festivals, getting dressed up, to the beach, or just a casual weekend spent relaxing. If you aren’t sold yet, I’ve rounded up all of my favorite rompers for you that won’t break the bank below. Wanting more inspiration? Here is another post that I did for a summer inspired jumpsuit.
The Romper break down:
- The trend setter– This isn’t your run of the mill romper. These types of rompers take seeking out and probably paying a bit more for. Anything with cut outs, plunging necklines, a tie-front, scallops, or embroidery would fit into this category. Nordstrom and Revolve are my go-tos for the most trendy attire. Pair this one with gladiator sandals and a summer hat and you will be set! This is my favorite.
- The “almost pajamas”– Everybody needs one of these to throw on on the weekends to run to the grocery or lounge around in. This is a lot more socially acceptable to wear to Walmart than your spongebob pajamas and much cuter too.
- Barely there– These are the super short, skinny-strapped, open back, or off-the-shoulder rompers. Wear these to the beach or in the heat of the summer. They are also great for cover ups! To dress them up a bit you can also pair with gladiator sandals and a summer hat.
- Pish Posh- Things here get a bit fancier. Think sequins, lace, or a nicer material. This type of romper is for events such as ladies night, dinner, an evening out, or a party. Dress up this romper a bit more with heels and some gold jewelry.
- Bold prints– Florals are huge right now especially with all of the festival wear in full force. Other bold patterns include stripes and tribal prints. Pair these with round sunglasses, a fringe cross-body purse, thin jewelry and you are ready for Coachella! If I go next year, I will be bringing this one along with me.
If you find a romper or jumpsuit that you love, don’t forget to tag me (@itsallchictome) so that I can see how you styled it! Believe it or not, I definitely get inspiration from you guys too!
On a side note I will be romping my way all the way to Florida today for a long overdue family vacation! If you would like to see our adorable little place and my family’s funny jokes make sure you are following me on Snapchat (shelbiadams).