Thank you eBay for sponsoring this post. As always, all thoughts and opinions are my own.
I recently pulled the trigger on a pair of Golden Goose sneakers after buying dupe after dupe over the past year. I told myself last year that once I hit a blog goal of mine that if they were still in style, I would treat myself! Well that little goal of mine happened last week and now I’m the proud new owner of my first pair of Golden Goose sneakers!
If you’ve been around here for very long you know that I usually save my pennies when it comes to fashion a rarely splurge. Even when I do splurge I try to save where I can. I’m a sale shopper through and through because why pay full price when you don’t have to?! I almost never pay full price for anything, especially designer items, before hitting up ebay.com and searching for it. For the same reason you are probably wondering why would anyone spend hundreds of dollars on a pair of dirty sneakers is the reason why I refused to pay full price for them! But now that I have them I can honestly say I am totally and completely in love.
If you are new to shopping pre-loved designer items on eBay, there is definitely a method to the madness! Check out my tips below to ensure you know how to score the best designer items at the best prices.
HOW I SHOP EBAY:
- If the item is still online at the retailer site, copy the exact product name on the retailer’s site then head to eBay.com and paste it into the search bar. I almost always add NWT onto the beginning of the search so that it only pulls back listings that are brand new.
- If the item is out of stock online, but I know the exact name of the item that I am looking for, I will describe the item down to the size and color that I want. For ex: White/Fluo/Leopard Golden Goose Superstar Sneakers size 38
- If the item is out of stock online, but I don’t know the exact name of the item, I will describe the item as best as I can and still include size and color. For ex: Leopard laced Golden Goose sneakers size 38
A FEW OTHER HELPFUL TIPS:
- While bidding on high dollar items can pay off, I tend to stick to the “buy it now” option. It’s faster and easier to use while still scoring a great deal. I normally use the “make an offer” feature for designer purses, shoes and sunglasses but stick to the “buy it now” option for clothing.
- I will only buy from sellers that accept returns. While I have personally never had a bad experience purchasing from eBay, I feel more comfortable knowing that I can return the item if it gets delivered damaged or not as pictured. This will be stated on the listing.
- Make sure you check shipping prices! If a listing looks too good to be true, check the shipping cost before doing a happy dance. Some sellers will try to stick it to you with the shipping prices. I personally look for sellers that offer free shipping. This will be stated on the listing.