A couple of months ago my family and I escaped to the most beautiful and colorful little town of Seaside, Florida. It was actually my second time to go to this little slice of heaven, but it was my family’s first and I loved getting to show them around one of my favorite places. I had not been in almost 10 years, but it was just as simple and beautiful as I remembered it. Growing up, my family would go to Florida almost every summer but with all of the sisters in college and in the working world, it had been far too long since we took a family vacation to the beach.
The pictures were scarce but the memories made were plentiful! When we weren’t lying around on the white sandy beaches, you could find us biking, playing board games, and exploring. My favorite thing about Seaside is how quaint and cute it is. From the beautiful beaches, to the pastel colored beach cottages, to the town square, to the best food I’ve ever eaten, Seaside has something to offer people of all ages. I can’t wait to go back and I hope you all get to experience Seaside at some point as well! If (and when) you do, here are my top recommendations on where to stay, where to eat, and what you must see while there!
Seaside is known for their pastel colored beach houses and I have got to say that my best recommendation if going with a big enough group, would be to rent a house. We used Trip Advisor to find our cottage for the week and could not have been more pleased. We stayed in Seagrove, which is a stone’s throw away from Seaside, and we were able to ride our bikes into town. Many houses will come with bikes and a golf cart to get around. Besides using the car to go get groceries and go to a couple of dinners, we lived car-free for the week! Having your own kitchen will also come in handy if you do not wish to eat out every meal.
The inner foodie in me could not have been more satisfied with every single meal that I ate in Seaside. True story: it’s hard to maintain that perfect beach bod with this many great food options at the beach! While I honestly don’t think you could go wrong with any place here, here are just a few of my favorites.
- The food trucks– These are a Seaside staple and believe me you will want to try every one of them. These are great for a quick lunch or dinner and are located in the town center so it’s nice to sit outside and enjoy the sight seeing. My personal favorite is The Melt Down which is gourmet grilled cheeses made anyway you like. Need I say more? Others include shaved ice, BBQ, smoothies, Thai, and juices.
- 30A Cafe– O. my. goodness. This was probably our favorite dinner of the trip. And when I say probably I mean most definitely. The food was absolutely incredible and the service was even better. Except the banana beignets might top all of that. It really was a great experience all around and I highly recommend this place!
- Great Southern Cafe– We quickly discovered that this was THE place in town to go and for good reason! The gouda grits and every-flavored mojitos were my 2 favorites but the entire menu looks amazing! I suggest going for breakfast or brunch to beat the crowds during the evening.
- Donut Hut– You know sis loves her donuts so naturally we tried the only donut shop in town which just so happened to be across the street from us. Ok fine we might have visited it almost every day. It’s just THAT good. If you have never tried a maple bacon donut, well now is your chance! They also have kolaches, danishes, and some other breakfast food.
- Bud and Alley’s– Looking for a great place to watch the sunset and enjoy a great cocktail? This is a great place! The good is amazing as well as you can tell by the crowds. Go early and don’t mind the crowds because it is such a fun place to be. They also have a pizza and taco bar located right next door!
Besides the beautiful white sandy beaches and crystal blue water there is SO much more to do and see! If you are like me I can’t just lay on a beach, I like to explore and still get my tan on while being active. Here are a few of my favorite things around town.
- Bike Riding– The number one form of transportation to get around town and to the beach is going to be by way of bikes. My favorite thing to do is bike around the neighborhoods of multi-colored beach cottages. It really is like riding past homes plucked straight off of Pinterest, y’all! This is a no brainer that you must do! Also if you enjoy early morning bike rides to get your morning brew, Amavida is located in the town square and is a must! This quickly became my favorite morning ritual.
- Paddle Boarding– It is the thing to do here! It is a little more tricky than paddleboarding on a lake but if you are looking for a fun challange and are bored of laying around on the beach, this is a fun, and pretty cheap alternative!
- Town Events– The town square has events going on most nights. From outdoor movies, to concerts, to live bands, there is always something! That’s why you must spend at least one night (if not every night) in the town square just to experience everything going on and all of the yummy food to boot! Fun fact: I got to be in a music video that they were taping one morning. So basically I’m famous, y’all 😉
- Shopping– You know I couldn’t end this blog post without telling y’all about where to get your shop on! The town square has so many cute boutiques and pop up shops but let me warn you they are pretty pricey. A girl can window shop though right?! If you are looking for a more budget friendly option, Destin is pretty close and has a great outlet mall! Rainy beach days call for shopping!
If you plan to go to Seaside and have any more questions on where to stay or what to do, please feel free to reach out. Fair warning: I might be pretty persistent on wanting to tag along in your suitcase. I know I can’t wait to go back and it is a place that I will bring my family to for years to come!
Towel | Swimsuit
Jumpsuit | Hat
Dress | Earrings