Top: Similar | Jeans: Nordstrom | Shoes: Target | Purse: Charming Charlie | Earrings: Charming Charlie | Watch: Charming Charlie
I have been saying all Summer long that I wanted to make a Summer bucket list like the good ol’ days and actually check everything off of it. All through high school, I would write down everything I wanted to do that Summer and then I carried that list around everywhere with me so that I could check off every last item. To this day I have kept every Summer bucket list that I have ever made. Boy are those list gold now looking back at all of the crazy shenanigans I used to write down.
While my list may no longer include sneaking out (sorry Mom!) and spin the bottle, I still love putting fun and adventurous items on my list to force myself out of my usual, day-to-day schedule! I might be a little late to the game this Summer, but I still plan on marking everything off of the list. And yes, I admit I might have put a couple on there that I already completed to help give myself a head start 😉
- Day trip to Galveston for a beach day
- Try the new Steel City Pops for a refreshing Summer sweet treat!
- Finish decorating my bedroom and do an unveiling on the blog… FINALLY
- Have a pool party with all of the best Summer pool floats
- Splurge on a pair of everyday sunglasses. I’m thinking about these.
- Buy a new, bright lipstick. I have my eyes set on this or this.
- Spend a Saturday morning searching for buried treasure at garage sales
- Buy a new swim suit. P.S.- if you didn’t already know, Victoria Secret’s clothing line (including swim suits) is going out of business and everything is 40% off!
- Clean out the closet- y’all stay tuned on Instagram because I plan on selling all of my gently used clothes/shoes/bags there!
- Deep clean the house- we’ve been living here for close to a year and it is WAY overdue.
- Visit a local farmer’s market
- Explore new Houston brunch spots and add some new places to the blog’s Houston Guide
- Karaoke with the girls… because I have yet to EVER do this. Who wants to join me for ladies night?!
- Go to a Houston Astros game
- Try one of the 1,000 Pinterest recipes that I pin and never actually try!
- Have a picnic at the park
- Roller blade the new bike trail through The Heights
- Float the Guadalupe River
- Stargaze on a roof
- Go to a drive-in movie
Now on to the part where you could win a $1320 gift card to Nordstrom! Yes, you read that right! All you have to do is enter below. The more times you enter, the better your chances! Good luck 🙂
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Photography by: Allison Ermon