Valentine’s Day is officially 2 days away and I wanted to leave you guys with this darling lace detail dress. Lace is one of the most feminine and dainty looks and pairing that with the color red sure does make for a perfect and elegant Valentine’s look. So I couldn’t end the week of Valentine’s Day inspired posts without a girly red dress and my top date night ideas. The thing is, it doesn’t matter if your Valentine’s day is spent with family, friends, gal pals, or a loved one, let’s get a little dressed up and enjoy some time with those we care about! I have some pretty fun “play dates” that I think you all will enjoy!
This little cocktail dress is super girly, probably why I love it! You will see that the only accessories that I felt the need to pair it with are some statement earrings and a bold red lip. The dress has so much detailing on it that I didn’t want to overpower the dress with added jewelry.
Dress (very similar and only $35) // Shoes (only $20) // Earrings (similar) // Lipstick
These shoes are a knock-off of the popular Steve Madden Stecy shoes but at a quarter of the cost. When I saw them at Target I immediately bought them in every color because that’s what any sane person would do right?! Don’t worry they only came in nude and black. Thank the lord there weren’t more colors than that because I probably would have bought those too! I like to give you guys options since I know everyone likes something a little different. I have found some more red lace dress options here, here, here and here.
- Wine Night- Inspired by my most recent idea to start a wine club, get a couple of girlfriends together or your significant other and each bring a bottle of wine. The more wine the better for this one. My roommate has taught me this game that we find to be so much fun, especially for all you winos. Try to guess the ingredients of the wine! We usually have one person that doesn’t participate and gives clues. For example: 2 berries, 1 “earthy” ingredient, and 1 spice. It makes for some funny answers for sure. Get a cheese and meat platter selection from your local grocery store and enjoy some good conversation, play a game (mexican train is always my favorite!), or watch a movie and relax.
- Pizza Bar- Now if I didn’t actually have to really think about 5 good date ideas all of them would be something like this one: donut bar, pasta bar, chocolate bar….you get the picture. Go to the store and get all of the ingredients you would need to make a pizza. Set everything up at home in an assembly line format and start making away! You can find some yummy and simple pizza recipes on Pinterest if you are wanting to get adventurous! And you know what goes great with pizza right? Wine.
- Netflix and Chill- Now I’m not sure what your version of Netflix and chill is, but mine is basically a pajama party. Go get a couple of Netflix movies, your favorite snack, put on your fuzzy socks and pile on the blankets. For an added bonus you can take all of the couch cushions off and make a pallet on the floor with pillows and blankets like you are a little kid again! It. is. AWESOME.
- Painting with a Twist- If you have never been to one of these types of places they really are a blast and they are BYOB (or BYOW in my case) so that’s an added plus. Essentially it is an art class where they have a teacher that is walking you step by step how to paint a certain picture. Believe me you do not have to be an artist. They will make you feel like Picasso by the time you are done with it.
- Local Dessert Bar- Go to a local place that serves desserts. In Houston, my new personal favorite is Cacao & Cardamom. They have gourmet chocolates that are a work of art. Have fun sampling a few of your favorite desserts. Calories don’t count on Valentines Day!
Have a great Valentines Day with your loved ones and I can’t wait to hear what everyone did 🙂