CLICK AN IMAGE TO SHOP THE ITEM DIRECTLY,
OR USE THE LINKS BELOW!
With April showers gone (fingers crossed), and May flowers upon us, you can bet that means Spring fashion is about to be in full force. If you weren’t already craving pastel colors and skimpier clothing, you better start! There are a few trends this season that I thought I’d give a shoutout to and also cover why there is no reason to splurge on these when the exact same item is out there for considerably less!
- Denim mini skirt: This reminds me of the Abercrombie/Hollister high school glory days. The major difference now is that we are actually talking about an appropriate length! Speaking of Abercrombie, I do have to give it to them for stepping up their game. I actually bought a few items (including this denim mini skirt) from there recently. Make sure to size down if you order!
- Designer dupe sunglasses: Oversized, designer sunglasses are ALL the rage right now. The price tag is not so great. Thankfully I have found several dupes that I get compliments on all the time. I basically own every Karen Walker dupe out there. Heck, I could do an entire post just on that! Believe me, ditch the designer shades and save your money for wine (lord knows we all need more of it). And no one will be able to spot the difference!
- One piece bathing suits: While not a new trend, you will definitely find more and more options this year. I love the semi-sexy contrast that a lot of retailers are bringing in this year. It kind of defeats the purpose of a one piece, but hey it’s called fashion for a reason right? It doesn’t have to make sense 🙂 Believe it or not, thanks to my friend Britt’s suggestion, my current favorite place to find affordable or designer dupe swimsuits is Amazon! Find some of my favorites here.
- Tassel earrings: These bad boys are back and they are bigger than ever this Spring. Every place you look has their own spin on tassel earrings and I probably have spent close to a small fortune on them. I’d say there are worse things to be addicted to but if you are going to spend the money on these, keep it at a minimum as this is a trend that won’t be around forever!
- Bow slides/mules: This new trend is one of my favorites although it is also one that I don’t foresee sticking around forever. Because of this reason, I don’t see the reason in investing in such a trendy piece. Target currently has a great selection of designer dupes, at extremely affordable prices. I bought the bow slides in both the pink and black options because $25 was just too great of a deal to pass up! They also come in a striped or taupe option.