I’m going to be really honest here and I know this will probably come as a MAJOR shocker… but I could care less about the actual Super Bowl game. What I am super excited about is that I have an excuse to eat some yummy gameday food! Good party food is definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. Calories don’t count on Super Bowl Sunday, right? I’m sharing some of my go-to party dishes that all of my friends love and little do they know that even a 10 year old could make these! I have made all of these on countless occasions so I can vouch they are amazing and will surely be a crowd favorite at your Super Bowl party!
Pigs in a Blanket
- Ingredients: Hillshire Farms Lit’l’ Smokies and Pillsbury Crescent Rolls
- Instructions: Pull apart your crescent rolls and cut each section in 3 smaller triangles. Roll up a lit’l smokie in each triangle. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown. It is optional to serve with a side of mustard for dipping.
- Ingredients: Mozeralla cheese sticks, pepperonis, marinara sauce, and crescent rolls
- Instructions: Cut the mozzarella sticks in half. Pull apart your crescent rolls and place your halved mozerella stick and 4 pepperonis onto each triangle. Roll up each triangle. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Serve with a side of marinara sauce for dipping.
- Ingredients: Hillshire Lit’l Smokies, BBQ Sauce, and grape jelly
- Instructions: Dump the entire package of weenies, BBQ sauce and jelly into a small crockpot. Mix ingredients and then let it warm up for at least 30 minutes on low. Serve with toothpicks.
Ham & Cheese Sliders
- Ingredients: 1 package of Hawaiian rolls, 1 pack of shaved deli ham, 1 pack of your favorite sliced cheese, 1 stick of butter, 1 TBSP mustard, 1 TBSP brown sugar
- Instructions: Do not break apart rolls, instead cut the entire pack of rolls lengthwise like one big sandwich. Pile on ham and cheese all over the middle of the “sandwich” and place top of rolls back on. Heat butter, mustard and brown sugar in a pan. For added flavor add a splash of Worcestershire and a pinch of onion or garlic powder. Drizzle glaze over “sandwich”, cover the pan with foil and bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes. Cut sliders apart and serve.
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- Ingredients: 1 jar of hooters buffalo wing sauce, 1 stick of cream cheese, 1 large can of chicken breast, 1 bottle of ranch dressing, 2 cups of shredded cheddar cheese
- Instructions: Heat cream cheese and buffalo sauce in a pan over low heat until cream cheese is melty and creamy. Add in drained, shredded chicken, ranch, and 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese. Stir until blended. Pour everything into a casserole dish and bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Top with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and serve with tortilla chips.
A few weeks ago I had the privilege of attending The Glam App’s first launch party in Houston, TX. For those of you that don’t know The Glam App is a revolutionary way that brings the salon to your front door step. Beauty on demand, anywhere, any time. The app lets you experience luxury and pampering in the comforts of your own home or place of your choosing. This is great for mamas, girls nights, bachelorette parties, date night, or any reason at all that you want to have any beauty services done without leaving your house. We all deserve to feel pampered and beautiful and what better way than drinking a glass of wine with your feet up and in your own home! I sure was sold immediately 🙂
“With the push of a button, The Glam App delivers beauty experts to your front door. Offering services that range from a blow dry, to make up applications, or just a simple polish change there’s no need to leave your house, when we bring the salon to you.”
We were pampered throughout the night enjoying the services that the app had to offer- hair, make-up and nails! And the best part about this is that the app brings together the best stylists and make-up artists from all around the Houston area so that they are at your disposal anytime that you want!
From left to right: Jen, Lauren, Cara Santana (CEO of The Glam App), and Michelle
As always I love being able to meet new people and find out about products and services that I probably would not have if not through this blogging venture. The launch party brought together some amazing bloggers, fashionistas, and other Houston creatives and influencers that I love being able to experience this journey with and also get to share with all of you guys. I have linked the girls blogs above and you should definitely check them all out! Such sweet and incredible girls.
Also, you can check out more information on The Glam App, here and make sure to follow along on Instagram (@theglamapp) for updates and more information as well.
Houston sure did see some beautiful weather this past weekend and I soaked up every bit of it that I could! I spent my weekend with my best girl friends eating some good food, checking out Karbach Brewery’s new renovation, and celebrating Margret’s (from Style The Girl) soon-to-be bundle of joy. How did you spend your weekend? I would love to hear!
This look was created from a lot of old pieces that I had in my closet and my new pair of over-the-knee boots that I recently picked up from my neighborhood Marshalls. The faux fur trend has stuck around and if you don’t already own a faux fur vest in every color (I’m definitely guilty of this), then I would highly recommend getting one that has mainly blacks and browns in it. I love that I can wear it with black or brown shoes!
My birthday was last month so I used my 50% off birthday discount to get this beautiful Kendra Scott ring. If you didn’t see my previous post with all of your birthday month specials, you can check it out here.
Dress (similar) // Vest (similar splurge) // Boots // Watch // Ring
With Houston’s weather being so bipolar this vest is an easy go-to piece for me because it keeps me warm in the morning when it’s cooler but is not too hot for when it warms up a bit. I linked a splurge option but here is a cheaper option that I still love. Have a great week everyone and thanks for stopping by 🙂
Photography by: Kamden Photography
Who doesn’t love birthday presents and a reason to get free stuff? Make your birthday celebration last an entire month with all of these goodies. I’ve rounded up all of my favorite birthday discounts for your birthday month. For the majority of these you have to be on their e-mail list or become a member (super easy). My suggestion, if you don’t already have one, is to make a “junk e-mail”. I created a specific email address just for all of the programs, discounts, and other email subscriptions that I get. That way you don’t get all of the annoying, daily emails but you can check it whenever you want, specifically your birthday month when you get all of your freebies! Any of the stores below that have an asterisk, you have to sign up for their email subscription or rewards program, but I have linked them up for you so all you have to do is click!
American Eagle/Aerie *- 15% off coupon
Anthropologie*- 15% off coupon
Benefit Cosmetics*- Free brow shaping
Carrabas*- Free appetizer
Chick-fil-a*- birthday offer
DSW*- 5$ gift certificate
Einstein’s Bros Bagels*-free bagel
Firehouse Subs- free sub with ID
Kendra Scott- 50% off one item with ID
Old Navy*- free gift
Sephora*- Free gift with purchase within 2 weeks of birthday
Smashbox*- Free cosmetics gift set
Starbucks*- free drink
ULTA*- free gift
Victoria’s Secret*– free gift
World Market*- free gift
This past weekend I met up with blogger babe, Britt (from Hello Honey Blog),in City Centre for brunch and window shopping. Ever since I studied abroad in Paris during college I have a serious love for crepes. Savory crepes, sweet crepes, breakfast crepes, dinner crepes… you name it, I’ll eat ’em all! If you follow me on snapchat I’m sure you have seen a crepe or 2.. or 100. I make and eat them all of the time! Britt had never been to Sweet Paris so we indulged in some delicious crepes before exploring.
I enjoyed the roasted turkey, brie and grape savory crepe with a nutella hot chocolate while Britt had the S’mores sweet crepe and a latte. The pictures don’t do this place justice! If you haven’t been they have 2 locations in Houston- Rice Village and City Centre.
My outfit felt just as Parisian as our crepes with a simple black and white dress and a pop of color added in with my hat and clutch. The fashion colors in Europe are a lot more muted than in America. Everybody wears very neutral colors consisting of blacks, whites and grays for the most part. I honestly wouldn’t fit in over there because adding in color to my outfits is my favorite!
Dress (similar) // Boots (on sale) // Hat // Clutch (different color) // Earrings // Sunglasses
I picked up this dress last week at a Dillard’s outlet (originally $140 but on sale for only $19!) and unfortunately they are now sold out online, but I have linked a very similar one. I am very petite (5’4”) so finding a flattering dress can be a difficult task. This fit and flare look is perfect for all body types since it accentuates curves up top, a tiny waste, and elongates your legs. For an added bonus this dress has the vertical lines on it which further elongate your legs and slim the stomach area. So all in all the fit and flare trend is a win-win all around! If you are wanting to try out this super flattering dress trend here are a few more super cute options- here, here, here, and here.