Y’all this was the first year that I can say I had the hardest time coming up with a Christmas wishlist. I have been so blessed this year and feel like I always pick up the items I want. So the majority of my list this year are items that I need restocks on or have been wanting and just haven’t had the time to go pick up myself! I’m curious do you make a Christmas list for you family or does everyone just buy random gifts?! My entire family, including extended family, does Christmas list which I thought was normal but I recently asked around and apparently it’s not! lol
Another trend we aren’t seeing go away anytime soon is high waisted swimsuits. While they aren’t optimal for tan line purposes, they sure are cute! I own my fair share of them and quite a few of my favorites are from Amazon believe it or not. So if you are wanting to try out this trend and not spend $100+, check out my favorite finds below! My favorite places to shop for this trend are Amazon, Target, Aerie, and Red Dress Boutique.
Want the look for less? I got you girl. I personally own a few designer inspired items myself because why buy the real deal when you can get the same look for less? That being said I’ve been known to splurge a time or two on designer items because I like nice things if/when I can afford them. And after all the real deal is going to have more meaning and last a lot longer.
Disclaimer: I am not saying that designer inspired items are right or wrong. I am simply providing the service of uncovering them. Also know that not every one of these designer inspired items is a hidden gem. Please do your own research and read reviews on the quality and also about the credibility of each Amazon seller before purchasing.
If you have a specific designer item that you have been eyeing but can’t seem to pull the trigger on, leave it in the comments below and I’ll try to find the look for less! Please keep in mind that Amazon takes these items down almost just as fast as they go up so you have to act fast!
If you liked this post and want to see more save vs splurge items, whether that be designer inspired items, clothing, make up, skin care, etc, let me know in the comments as well as what you would like to see next! See below for some more of my Amazon finds and if you have one you have found and would like to add, please leave it in the comments so others can enjoy!
CLICK AN IMAGE TO SHOP THE ITEM DIRECTLY,
OR USE THE LINKS BELOW!
With April showers gone (fingers crossed), and May flowers upon us, you can bet that means Spring fashion is about to be in full force. If you weren’t already craving pastel colors and skimpier clothing, you better start! There are a few trends this season that I thought I’d give a shoutout to and also cover why there is no reason to splurge on these when the exact same item is out there for considerably less!
- Denim mini skirt: This reminds me of the Abercrombie/Hollister high school glory days. The major difference now is that we are actually talking about an appropriate length! Speaking of Abercrombie, I do have to give it to them for stepping up their game. I actually bought a few items (including this denim mini skirt) from there recently. Make sure to size down if you order!
- Designer dupe sunglasses: Oversized, designer sunglasses are ALL the rage right now. The price tag is not so great. Thankfully I have found several dupes that I get compliments on all the time. I basically own every Karen Walker dupe out there. Heck, I could do an entire post just on that! Believe me, ditch the designer shades and save your money for wine (lord knows we all need more of it). And no one will be able to spot the difference!
- One piece bathing suits: While not a new trend, you will definitely find more and more options this year. I love the semi-sexy contrast that a lot of retailers are bringing in this year. It kind of defeats the purpose of a one piece, but hey it’s called fashion for a reason right? It doesn’t have to make sense 🙂 Believe it or not, thanks to my friend Britt’s suggestion, my current favorite place to find affordable or designer dupe swimsuits is Amazon! Find some of my favorites here.
- Tassel earrings: These bad boys are back and they are bigger than ever this Spring. Every place you look has their own spin on tassel earrings and I probably have spent close to a small fortune on them. I’d say there are worse things to be addicted to but if you are going to spend the money on these, keep it at a minimum as this is a trend that won’t be around forever!
- Bow slides/mules: This new trend is one of my favorites although it is also one that I don’t foresee sticking around forever. Because of this reason, I don’t see the reason in investing in such a trendy piece. Target currently has a great selection of designer dupes, at extremely affordable prices. I bought the bow slides in both the pink and black options because $25 was just too great of a deal to pass up! They also come in a striped or taupe option.